There are two categories of membership in the Network: (a) Full membership; and (b) Honorary membership.
Full membership is open to: (a) researchers and higher education students interested in time-use epidemiology and related fields of study; and (b) other stakeholders with interest in promoting healthy time use. Higher education students and early career researchers are strongly encouraged to join our membership.
Honorary membership is open to distinguished members of the academic community and wider society, whether or not these eminent persons have any experience or relation to time-use epidemiology.
As a member of INTUE you will:
- be part of a large international society of researchers interested in advancing a cutting-edge field of science;
- get connected with leading experts in the field of time-use epidemiology;
- have better opportunities for networking and establishing collaborations with time-use epidemiologists;
- be entitled to receive methodological support from our research mentors;
- be eligible to contribute to the governance of the network through General Meetings;
- be entitled to participate in the election process;
- be eligible to apply for governing roles in the Network;
- be eligible for joining working groups established as part of the Network;
- be eligible to apply for the INTUE Yearly Awards;
- be entitled to suggest items for and receive the quarterly newsletter of the Network;
- be entitled to suggest items for social media releases of the Network;
- receive significant discounts on registration fees for events organised by the Network;
- receive discounts on selected products offered by organisations supporting the Network.
INTUE awards are given annually to honour outstanding contributions of INTUE members to time-use epidemiology and associated disciplines. There are two categories of the award: 1) INTUE Annual Award; and 2) INTUE Lifetime Achievement Award. A maximum of one award in each of the categories is given per year.
INTUE Annual Award recipients:
Dorothea Dumuid, PhD, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Professor Mark Tremblay, PhD, Healthy Active Living and Obesity Research Group, Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
Associate Professor Aleš Gába, PhD, Palacký University Olomouc, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Professor Andreas Holtermann, PhD, National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
Nikola Štefelova, PhD, Palacký University Olomouc, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Shiho Amagasa, PhD, Teikyo University and Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Professor Valerie Carson, PhD, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Associate Professor Jean-Philippe Chaput, PhD, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Professor Karel Hron, PhD, Palacký University Olomouc, Olomouc, Czech Republic
Professor Clarice Lucena Martins, PhD, Federal University of Paraíba, João Pessoa, Brazil
Professor Timothy Olds, PhD, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
INTUE is dedicated to supporting time-use epidemiologists from all countries, irrespective of their economic standard, to join the membership. It is, therefore, embedded in the Constitution of the Network that the membership fees are calculated relative to the economic standard of the country/economy of residence of the given member.
The current annual membership fees can be found here.
Requests for a reduced membership fee can be made by full members or new applicants for the membership. The request will be made in writing and lodged with the Secretary (email@example.com). The request should include a clear argumentation of why the reduction of membership fee is required. If needed for the assessment, the Steering Committee may ask for additional written evidence or explanations to be provided.
Become a member
To sign up for INTUE membership please complete this form. Your membership application will be assessed by the Steering Committee, and you will receive a notification email once your membership account is verified. This may take up to a week, but we usually process the applications within a day.