Please join the Open Seminar on Compositional Data Analysis (CoDaCourse) that will be held on 3-7 July, 2022 at the University of Girona. CoDaCourse provides an introduction to theoretical and practical aspects of the statistical analysis of compositional data, as well as an informal discussion forum on more advanced topics. In the theoretical sessions, the current state of the art in this field will be presented. In the practical sessions, CoDA techniques are applied using the available software CoDaPack and some R packages. An open discussion session is also planned. We encourage you to bring your own data.
The following topics will be covered:
• Hypothesis underlying the statistical analysis (sample space, scale)
• The Aitchison geometry on the simplex
• Coordinate representation; distributions on the simplex
• Exploratory analysis (centering, variation array, biplot, balances-dendrogram)
• Irregular data: zero values, outliers and missing data
• Introduction to multivariate analysis: regression, MANOVA, cluster and discriminant
To register for the course, please visit the CoDaWeb website.